5.31.2012

In Betweens

About a week or so ago my husband had a tiny fall off of his bike and messed up his saddle (seat).  Since then he has tried out a few new saddles and I think he had found one he likes.  With all these different seats laying around the house, I thought I would try a new one that would fit my hindquarters a little bit better than the one that came with my bike. 
The first one I tried was a hand-me-down from my brother.  At the beginning of the ride all was good.  The saddle was wider at the rear and a little longer in the nose.  After about 10 mins I figured out that the seat was set back too far.  So we stopped and my dear husband moved the said seat forward.  We continued on our way.
About 10 - 20 mins after that I became a very unhappy rider.  No matter which way I moved (forward, back, etc) this saddle was NOT the one for me.  But at this point we were about 5 -7 miles from home.  My mood went downhill swiftly. As I continued to work my way home, this saddle from hell continued to split me in half by way of my "in betweens".  About the time we turned on to my street the thought came to me..."Did my sweet brother let us try these seats as a joke?!  Did he know that these seats were this painful?!"  I don't know the answer yet, but I"m definitely going to find out.  And let me emphasize how important it is to have a bike that is custom fit for YOU! :)

1 comment:

  1. you are just too funny! i read this when you first posted it and then again today! LOL

    ReplyDelete