5.28.2012

South AR

A few weekends ago Tim and I went down to visit his parents in South AR.  We hadn't seen them in a while and wanted to spend some time with them.  We had not seen Tim's dad (Pops) since he had been on chemo and radiation for a few months.  We drove down early on Saturday morning and got there a little before lunch.  We visited with Mom and Pop for a little bit before Pop needed to take a nap.  Then we went to pick up the kids for lunch and spent some time with Tim's Mom.

That evening we all went to his parent's favorite place to eat, Moon's.  It's an old gas station/liquor store in Homer, LA that is about 5-10 miles from the AR state line. Ever since I met Tim I have heard about Moon's.  This is the first time we have been able to make it down there with his parents though.



Pops best friend, Mr. Jerry, joined us of course.  These 2 act like an old married couple.  But I'll tell you one thing, this is what God meant for friendships to be like.


So this is the liquor store side of the establishment.  The night we were there they weren't very busy and we figured it had something to do with the entire police force coming in to eat that night. LOL


This was my steak and potato.  You order your steak by thickness, 1/2", 1", 1 1/4", or 1 1/2".  My steak was 1/2" and that was more than enough steak.  All the steaks are ribeyes and they come with a baked potato.  And they are old school there, they cook all steaks out back on a big grill.  Pretty darn good.




On the way there we passed this old gas station.  I just loved the building so of course I had to take some pictures.  These are the 2 edits I came up with....I think the 2nd one is my favorite.



It was a good visit and we were glad to see his parents and visit with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment