7.21.2011

Stress

I have NEVER been a person that suffers from stress, until I turned 30 and then 31.  What is it about getting older that invites stress into our lives?  Awareness?  Our age?  Circumstances?  Or is it just life in general?  The ebb and flow of life....I know as our lives change and grow God brings new people, new opportunities, new blessings into our lives everyday.  I think as I am getting older, one thing stands out the most....change.  I am at a point in my life where God is showing me certain things about myself that I have never seen before.  I would have never thought that I didn't like change.....Me. Stacey. Not like change? Not possible! HA!  But it's true, I am not a fan of change {in certain areas of my life}.  You might be asking how this relates to stress. Well, I feel like my life is changing faster than I want it to right now and I'm stressing out!!  I'm not able to fall asleep, I feel tired all the time, my neck and shoulders are holding the weight of the world {and it's heavy}!

So I looked up what the American Heart Association has to say about Stress. The #1 suggestion was talk or write to family and friends. DONE. :) That's what I'm doing here. Other suggestions on their list include physical activity {which I intend to try Yoga}, get organized, remember to laugh {my favorite b/c I do it everyday}, slow down, give up bad habits, etc.  Those are just a few of their suggestions.

My question to you is, What helps you dissolve your stress?  Any and all suggestions are welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Took the boys to Parent's Day Out today and spent about 10 minutes wondering how I could spend those 4 hours in the best possible way that would relieve my stress...clean house (bc I don't like it when everything is cluttered and messy--which it always is), sleep, run, watch tv, craft??
    So just saying, I haven't figured it out yet. My favorite thing is to take a bath and lay in bed reading a great fiction that will take me on a journey. Aha, maybe that is what I should have done! Glad to see you are blogging again. I have been thinking about starting mine back up. Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete