About 3-4 weeks ago I was reading
Southern Living online and came across their pick for
"Best New Southern Musician". Their pick was a singer/songwriter by the name of
Sarah Jarosz. I had never heard of her, but they described her music as
"Captivating stories told to a sonic blend of Americana and contemporary bluegrass. This banjo/octave mandolin/guitar/piano-playing songbird is being hailed the next Patty Griffin." I was more than intrigued to say the least, so I went to iTunes and downloaded her album,
Song Up In Her Head.
Let me tell you........It is fabulous!!! Sarah is only 20 years old and so incredibly talented! Not only did she write 11 out of the 13 songs, she plays the claw-hammer banjo, mandolin, guitar, piano, and sings. And she was nominated for a Grammy in 2009 for Best Country Instrumental.
All this to say, if you like bluegrass, country music, and really talent new artist, you will love Sarah Jarosz. Check her out!!
No comments:
Post a Comment