8.29.2011

15 Years Ago Today..

Fifteen years ago today I was in an operating room in Fort Worth, TX.  I had been asleep for over 24 hours at this point and in the ICU for 18 of those hours.  Dr. Christopher Case was probably working my first pacemaker into my left shoulder.  Getting all the wires connected, waiting to hear that 1st heart beat come through my new devise. 

I was 16 years old.  And now I have almost lived half my life with a pacemaker.  To be honest, it makes me smile.  The past 15 years brings many memories to mind.  Some good, some bad, some indifferent.  But all of them bring a smile to my face, because I know that God's unshakable Hand has been on my heart, on my shoulder, and on my life every single step of the way. "His heart profoundly kind, God never is before His time, and never is behind." {C.H. Spurgeon}  I have a constant, tangable reminder that God is in control of all things.  No matter what lies satan tries to tell me or what lies I try to tell myself, I am not in control.

"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God.  Trust in him at all times.  O people;  pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us." ~Psalm 62.7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment